Did you know that:
- Over 25% of 20-year-olds will become disabled during their working years;
- The average individual disability claim lasts 31.6 months;
- For one in eight workers, their disability will last for five years or more;
- Thirty-eight percent of workers surveyed could not pay their bills for more than three months without a regular income;
- Sixty-one percent of surveyed workers are personally aware of someone who was out of work for at least three months or longer due to disability;
- Sixty-eight percent of Americans have no savings earmarked for emergencies?
Yet nearly 70% of private sector workers have no long-term disability protection. And since less than 5% of all disabling illnesses or accidents are work-related, workers compensation is typically not a solution.
If your employer is not currently providing adequate disability income protection or you are self-employed, now is the time to look into purchasing an individual disability income policy.