The money talk, that is. Despite financial considerations long being established as a key cause of marital discord, far too many fail to have this important premarital conversation. Noted financial counselor Carrie Schwab-Pomeranz suggests discussing at least the following key areas:
• What do you own?
• What do you owe?
• Are you a spender or a saver?
• What are your spending priorities? For example, would you rather have a house, a new car or a vacation?
• If you can't afford to pay cash, do you wait or grab the credit card?
• Do you always pay bills on time?
• Are you able to consistently save, or do you run out of money before running out of days in the month?
• Money: yours, mine, ours or all three?
• Have you started retirement savings?
• How do you define “rich”?
Our financial planners are experts in helping new couples plan for their financial future. After you give each other a ring, give us one too, and we'll help you get everything straight from the start.
For more information or answers to your insurance questions, contact us at Allan Block Insurance Agency, www.ambins.com, located in Tarrytown, NY in the heart of Westchester County, a key business district near New York City. We write auto, home, renters, condo, co-op, personal, business, life and group insurance for clients locally and in NYC, CT, NJ, PA, MA and many other states. The Professional Agency with the Personal Touch.