The Allan M. Block Insurance family would like to take a moment to wish you a happy Independence Day! In all the hustle and bustle of holiday fun, we often forget to slow down and think about what we can do to make for a safe 4th of July. Follow these guidelines for a lovely, and safe holiday:
- Follow the law, do not use fireworks where prohibited by law.
- Keep small children and pets away from the area where fireworks are being displayed.
- Always keep a bucket of water, hose, or small spray bottle near in case something catches on fire. A fire extinguisher is even better if you have access to one.
- Never try to relight a firework that appears to be a dud.
- When disposing old fireworks, make sure they are completely out. Double check by tossing them into a bucket of water first.
- Always keep an eye on your BBQ grill.
- Only grill outdoors to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If spending your holiday at the beach, never swim alone.
- Never swim or handle fireworks under the influence of alcohol.
Happy 4th of July! Allan Block Insurance is committed to serving all of your insurance needs! Contact Allan Block Insurance, located in Tarrytown, Westchester County, NY!