• By Allan M Block Blogging Team
  • Posted September 25, 2015

Get Educated On Insurance For College Students

Get Educated On Insurance For College Students

A quick and easy guide to insuring your college student.

You probably have a number of little worries about sending your son or daughter off to college, but one of them is very valid. You’ve probably noticed that between the pricey textbooks and expensive electronics your student is bringing to college, you’re sending your student with a lot of valuable property. Is it covered?

If your son or daughter will be living in the dorms, the answer is likely yes since your homeowners insurance policy should extend to the dorm. Talk to your agent about the particulars, and make sure you bring up any especially valuable items your student will be taking since they might require a rider.

If your student is living off campus, though, you’ll need to get a separate policy to insure him or her. Don’t worry; renters insurance is extremely affordable!

If you’d like to talk to an expert insurance agent about the renters insurance or homeowners insurance your college student should use to stay covered, contact Allan Block Insurance Agency. Serving Tarrytown, Westchester County, and all of New York, we’re here to give you peace of mind as you send your son or daughter off to school!