Planning a trip? Here are some tips for bringing your jewelry along.
- Make a list and takes photos of all the jewelry that you will take with you. Keep one copy with you and store it separately from your jewelry, leave another copy at home.
- Pack only the jewelry you plan on wearing while traveling and at your destination.
- Never leave jewelry in any checked luggage while traveling on an airline, cruise line or other public transportation. Instead stow it in a carryon bag that you bring with you.
- Many hotels provide in-room safes where you can secure your valuables. Store jewelry in the safe when not wearing it.
- Make sure to have a proper jewelry traveling case will help provide protection from scratches, tangling and other damage while in transit.
For more information or answers to your insurance questions, contact us at Allan Block Insurance Agency, www.ambins.com, located in Tarrytown, NY in the heart of Westchester County, a key business district near New York City. We write auto, home, renters, condo, co-op, personal, business, life and group insurance for clients locally and in NYC, CT, NJ, PA, MA and many other states. The Professional Agency with the Personal Touch.