One of the most common questions from small business owners is how to balance work-life. There just never seems to be enough time in the day to do it all. Now this balance means different things to everyone. For some, it’s time in the park with the family and for others it’s time alone to relax.
Whatever the need, here are six tips to help you find your balance:
- Schedule all of your time – yes, just as you schedule your business time, do the same for your personal time. If family time is part of your balance, put it on your calendar. If you need a few hours lounging, then schedule it.
- Do not cancel these appointments – these appointments are just as important as your work commitments. This is what adds the balance to your life and makes you complete. Don’t forget that.
- Be present – Focus on what is in front of you and stop multi-tasking. Put the cell phone on silent and do one thing at a time.
- Protect your time – “Time is more valuable than money” says Paul White, a work-life balance expert because while “we can always earn more money, the hands of time once spent are gone forever.” Giving away all your time will leave you with missed opportunities and burnout.
- Maintain your energy – be sure to schedule time for exercise and other healthy habits including enough sleep.
- Learn to say No – This is the most important for protecting your time and energy. Your business should come first and is the reason to say no to unwelcomed requests. In order to maintain balance you must remember it is ok to say No. There will be plenty of times you will say Yes.
We hope by practicing these tips, you can find that work-life balance, which in turn will bring more success to your growing small business.
For more information or answers to your insurance questions, contact us at Allan Block Insurance Agency, www.ambins.com, located in Tarrytown, NY in the heart of Westchester County, a key business district near New York City. We write auto, home, renters, condo, co-op, personal, business, life and group insurance for clients locally and in NYC, CT, NJ, PA, MA and many other states. The Professional Agency with the Personal Touch.