• By Allan M Block Blogging Team
  • Posted March 31, 2017

So You Had a Car Accident: What Do You Do?

Even a minor car accident can prove stressful and life changing. It is important to stay calm and make sure there are no medical emergencies.

If necessary, call 911. Call the police on a non-emergency number to report the accident if there are no injuries needing attention.

Move as far from the roadway as possible but remain at the scene. Alert oncoming drivers by turning on your hazard lights.

You’ll need to call your insurance company and give the details of the accident to your claims representative. Listen carefully to any instructions provided by the claims representative.

The police will guide you on what information you need to provide, but as a rule, you need to exchange names, license numbers and insurance information of all drivers. Remember to obtain contact information of witnesses.

For more information or answers to your insurance questions, contact us at Allan Block Insurance Agency,, located in Tarrytown, NY in the heart of Westchester County, a key business district near New York City.  We write auto, home, renters, condo, co-op, personal, business, life and group insurance for clients locally and in NYC, CT, NJ, PA, MA and many other states. The Professional Agency with the Personal Touch.