travel insurance and your belongings
  • By Allan M Block Blogging Team
  • Posted February 4, 2019

Insurance For Your Belongings While Traveling

Summer travel is not far away. Do a little insurance review as part of your vacation planning. For example, does home insurance cover personal property damaged while traveling?

In some cases, the answer is yes. Many home insurance policies extend coverage for common perils like theft, fire and vehicle damage that occur while you are on travel. Such policies may also extend the same coverage to items that you rented or borrowed from someone else, like camping gear, ski equipment or a really nice camera.

However, other policies may limit or exclude coverage while traveling. Such limitations could be based on a number of factors, such as the nature of the item (for example, if it is used primarily for business purposes) or the specific reason why it was damaged.

Keep in mind that hotel in-room safes may deter unskilled thieves but such safes are very easy to open and most hotel staff and professional burglars know how to get in and out quickly. For this reason, among many others, property coverage that travels with you is important.

For more information or answers to your insurance questions, contact us at Allan Block Insurance Agency,, located in Tarrytown, NY in the heart of Westchester County, a key business district near New York City.  We write auto, home, renters, condo, co-op, personal, business, life and group insurance for clients locally and in NYC, CT, NJ, PA, MA and many other states. The Professional Agency with the Personal Touch.