insurance needed by recent graduates westchester county ny
  • By Allan M Block Blogging Team
  • Posted June 13, 2019

Now That You Have Graduated What Insurance Do You Need?

Graduation is the beginning of a new phase in a young adult’s life. With that new phase comes new responsibilities, new surroundings, and new purchases (such as a car, an apartment, or some fancy tech toys). Now that they’re striking out on their own, it’s time to explore new insurance coverage to meet those changing needs.

Is your college grad moving into their own apartment for the first time? Many companies offer Renters Insurance policies that are surprisingly inexpensive. For as little as a few hundred dollars per year, you can protect their belongings against burglary, water damage, and more. You can also get additional Valuable Items coverage for items such as laptops, televisions, cameras, and musical instruments.

Did your teen get their first car as a graduation present? If they were covered as a driver under a parent’s insurance policy, some companies offer a “spin-off” option to rewrite youthful drivers to their own policies. Having a history of prior coverage will help them avoid fees that are often applied to first time auto policies.

As always, our agents are happy to help find the right coverage to meet your needs. Reach out to us today via phone at 914-631-4353, via email at, or through the contact form on our site.

For more information or answers to your insurance questions, contact us at Allan Block Insurance Agency,, located in Tarrytown, NY in the heart of Westchester County, a key business district near New York City.  We write auto, home, renters, condo, co-op, personal, business, life and group insurance for clients locally and in NYC, CT, NJ, PA, MA and many other states. The Professional Agency with the Personal Touch.