With the holidays just around the corner, the last thing you want is to be stuck in bed with the flu or common cold. Rather than experiencing the holidays with a horrendous cough and running nose, keep these 5 helpful tips in mind for staying healthy this holiday season:
- Avoid touching your eyes, ears, nose, and mouth so that you do not spread germs.
- Preventing the flu can be as simple as getting your flu shot. This vaccination proves to reduce the prevalence of flu patients each year.
- If you notice someone with flu or cold-like symptoms, steer clear. Hanging around sick individuals, touching the same things, or sharing food or beverages with those who are sick is a surefire way to get sick yourself.
- During flu season, make sure to wash your hands even more than you already would. A quick splash under some cold water is not going to do the trick. You need to scrub your hands with warm water and soap regularly throughout the day.
- Most importantly, partaking in basic healthy living habits will allow your immune system to better fight off germs and infections.
We hope these helpful tips keep you healthy all season long! For all of your insurance needs in Tarrytown and Westchester County, contact Allan Block Insurance Agency.